CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Pregnancy Weeks 28-31

April was going to be a great month. I wasn't going to get sick, the nursery was going to start coming together, and I was going to be have two baby showers!
Week 28 brought another doctors appointment. And yet again, my BP was still elevated. Dr. T had asked me to keep a log of 2-3 readings a week since my last appointment. Upon seeing that those readings were pretty normal she believes that my elevated BP is due to my anxiety. Although, she is watching me closely because I am still having swelling issues. The same day I saw her I also visited my endocrinologist. I was encouraged to learn that my TSH levels were FINALLY stable and that my vitamin D level had also come up to the normal range.
We did have one scare at the start of this month. When we opened our crib we found that it was SEVERALLY damaged. After 36 or so hours of not knowing if we would be able to get a replacement we were pleasantly surprised to learn we COULD get one and that it would be here by the end of the week! I was so reveled!
The weekend we were 29 weeks Mom came to town for a visit. She helped Brendan get the crib put together and we also placed the padded rocker we had bought from our friends in the nursery.
On April 11th I had my first shower which was hosted by ladies from church. We had a great time! Besides having Mom here my good friend April and my great in-laws were able to come for the day. Katie Brooke received TONS of pretty things to wear.
Citty, Me, and Nana
29 Weeks at KB'S Church Shower
The following week was pretty uneventful. However, week 30 was my Spring Break! It was so nice to be able to catch up on some sleep and stay off my feet. When we were 30 1/2 weeks we had our 4-D ultra sound. Katie Brooke was a bit crammed already, but we still managed to get some amazing video and pictures of our little girl. While we were there the ultra sound tech gave us her her estimated weight as 4 lbs and 6 ounces putting her a week and a half ahead of schedule. The following day I snuck off to the outlets in Destin with some girl friends from church. Out of the four of us, 3 were pregnant and the other had her 1 year old. Needless to say we had LOTS of bathroom trips. We had such a fun day!
The following day my mother and younger sister, big sister, brother-in-law, and my niece were making the trip from Tennessee! They were all coming to town for a friends and family shower. Before the rest of our family arrived for the shower my cousin Whitney came and did some maternity shots with Brendan and me. She has been taking photographs for some time now, but we were her first try at maternity shots. We had a lot of fun, just wish I hadn't started swelling towards the end of them!
The friends and family shower wonderful. We received TONS of things for Katie Brooke. But I have to say just getting to spend time with our loved ones was the best present I could have asked for.
April was such a great month. :)
31 Weeks! Single Digit Count Down!!

No comments:

Post a Comment