CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Lately

Lately things have been quite interesting in our home. After a dr. visit and some blood work at the end of Sept. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. With this diagnoses I had mixed emotions. I was glad to know why I had been feeling so run down, why I couldn't loose weight, why I seemed to be shedding more hair than normal, and why my skin was acting like it was the dead of winter...but I was also really sad with the feeling that we weren't going to be parents for a while. I started my thyroid medicine the Wednesday after Fall break and hoped for some relief. However, by the start of November I was REALLY getting frustrated. Instead of feeling better I was just having more trouble like nausea all day long. When I called the dr. he just prescribed some anti-nausea med. and told me to give my thyroid medicine till the beginning of Dec. (6 weeks after starting it). He said that he would check my levels then and change my dosage if need be.
Well, the nausea continued and people started wondering...could I be pregnant? People would ask and I would just say..."I can't be. It's impossible with my thyroid messed up." I firmly believed that. I had even cried over the thought of not being able to become a mom for a long while. Well...then came Veteran's Day.
On Veteran's Day I was home from work. By 11am I was cleaning out from under the sink and found one last at-home pregnancy test. My thought was, "I don't want this thing in our house, but I don't want to just throw it away." So...I took it. I sat it down and started doing something else. Then...when I picked it up it said..."Pregnant". My reaction was "What?!?!" I COULDN'T believe it...didn't believe it. Somehow this thing was wrong. Later that day I made a call to the dr. and left a message for the nurse to call me back. A few hours later the nurse called back. I woke up to the sound of the phone ringing, told Brendan not to answer it, grabbed the phone, and toke the call into our bathroom (with both our bedroom and bathroom door closed). When I was done hearing the nurse say, "Why couldn't it be possible?" and after making an appointment to check and see for the following Friday I walked back into the living room. When Brendan asked me who had called...I couldn't help but smile. I then proceeded to tell him that we had a positive pregnancy test. Hey grinned and wrapped his arms around me.

1 comment: