CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Quick Trip

Last weekend I made a quick trip to Georgia. The family was getting together to celebrate Grandma's birthday. Just like Papa, Grandma wanted to get together with family and friends and just sing. So, after supper everyone met at Central's fellowship hall for an evening of singing. All but one of my aunts and uncles were there along with Mom, my cousin Josh, my sister Emily, and myself. Many of our family’s friends also joined in. We sang for hours! My Aunt Cheryl even recorded us. Around 10:30 (I think) we headed back to the house and spent the next few hours just visiting and playing games (something our family has always loved to do while at Grandma and Papa's).
Saturday morning the family joined back up for a pancake breakfast! It was SO much fun just to spend time with family (sometimes I really miss being close by). My cousin Heidi and her family were able to come. I love getting to hang out with them...especially her little boys!


Here is E with his car track. He was so proud of it!

E also got in on the Bananagram action! When his daddy got there they played against Mommy, Aunt Cheryl, and Mimi (my cousin Heidi's mom, my Aunt Nancy). O wanted to take pictures with me.




If you haven't heard...my big sis is expecting! You can really tell in this picture, but in person she is an adorable pregnant lady. After we took this picture, we headed to Target with Mom to get her registered! Baby Gill will be here around March 20th!


Like I said earlier, this trip was VERY quick. On my way to Georgia Citty, Brendan's grandmother, passed away after a long battle with cancer. I headed back home Saturday afternoon, but not before picking up a nail in my tire. Thankfully I found a tire repair place where both of the men that helped me were from south Alabama! Couldn't believe it!
Once I was on my way I dealt with some heavy downpours, but safely made it home around 8pm cst. Brendan and I spent Sunday afternoon getting ready to head to Louisiana for Citty's funeral. I'll save that for another post.

1 comment:

  1. Jenny and I lived near Newnan, Georgia until she was three years old! What part of Georgia did you visit?!

    ReplyDelete